Up until recently, Quinn wasn’t a picky eater. He’d pretty much eat whatever we put in front of him, but now it’s a bit more of a challenge. He definitely has his favorite foods– we joke he’s going to turn into cottage cheese because he eats so much of it– so we’re not worried about him getting enough calories, but we’re always trying to get more nutrients in him.
Last week, I whipped up a batch of mini muffins with shredded carrot and zucchini mixed in, and they were a huge hit with him. Yay, veggies! I thought some of the other mamas out there might be able to relate to picky eating, so here’s the recipe. I hope your little one enjoys these muffins as much as Quinn!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (unpacked) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine above ingredients in a mixing bowl until batter is smooth.
- Coat a mini muffin tray with non-stick spray (or fill with paper liners) and pour batter evenly into nine cups.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes until tops are firm to the tough and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Recipes makes 9 mini muffins