Good morning, friends!
I have a seriously delicious post-workout snack for you, especially if you like peanut butter!
You guys know that eating the right foods after a workout can speed your recovery and boost your energy for your next one, right? Well, peanut butter is a great choice as part of a nutritious, post-workout meal or snack. These No-Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Bars combine peanut butter with oats, Rice Chex cereal, and honey for a semi-sweet snack that you’ll thoroughly enjoy after (or before!) your next workout!
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter (I used Teddie)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup Rice Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup honey <— works with maple syrup too!
- 1/2 cup shelled peanuts
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. (It’s totally okay to break up the cereal while mixing!)
- Line a small pan with parchment paper and then use a spatula to spread out the mixture inside.
- Pop the pan in the freezer for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove pan from freezer and lift out parchment paper.
- On a cutting board, trim sides and cut into bars.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Makes 4-6 bars, depending on how you cut them
Links of Interest
A Beginner’s Guide to Training For a Half-Marathon
Serious Coffee Drinkers: Starbucks’s Latest Is What You’ve Been Waiting For
Good Foods to Eat Before Your Run
Here Is Every Ingredient Substitution You Will Ever Need
18 Irresistible Spins on Grilled Chicken
Question of the Day
Peanut butter or almond butter?