These are a few of my favorite things about the holiday season: Eggnog, cookies, and family. And I was able to combine them in quite the delicious event!
Ok, so this time of year can get pretty hectic, and we’re all doing our best to hang ALL the decorations, buy ALL the presents, remember who’s holiday party is coming up next, and, of course, make time for the people we love most. (Wow, it’s been a crazy few weeks, right?)
I’m thankful that our family has “24 Days of Togetherness” to help us enjoy the holiday season as much as possible. We make time for one another with activities that put us spirit of the season and one of our favorite things to do together is bake!
This year, we took two of our loves (chocolate + eggnog) and combined them into one delicious cookie: Ooey-Gooey Dark Chocolate Eggnog Cookies. They. Are. Delicious. These cookies have subtle hints of eggnog and nutmeg with melt-y dark chocolate making them the ultimate cookie swap or holiday party tag-along. I promise you will not regret making these deliciously decedent and surprisingly simple treats. They’re gluten-free (you won’t even be able to tell the difference), so just about everyone can enjoy them!
Makes 18 Cookies
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp rum extract
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup eggnog
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla extract, rum extract, nutmeg, eggnog, and eggs until combined.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and salt to the liquid mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips/chunks to the batter.
- Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until just browned. Serve with a tall glass of milk or eggnog!
P.S. Here are a few more gluten-free cookie options that would be great for this time of year:
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
- Gluten-Free Almond Brownies
- Gluten-Free & Egg-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies