I got my butt out of bed bright and early this morning. It was tough, but sometimes you gotta go what you gotta do.
Once I was out of bed, I immediately turned on the heat and made myself a glass of iced coffee. (How’s that for an oxymoron? 😉 )
As always, my iced coffee hit the spot. I’m feeling jazzed now!
Around 5:45, I took a little brain break and watched a few funny pug videos on YouTube. For some reason, watching cutesy videos of my favorite breed always gives me the mental boost that I need to keep truckin along. Pugs crack me up!
A little after 6:00, the boys woke up, which meant it was time to take Murphy for his morning walk. It was SO COLD out there this morning! Brrrr! I’m glad that Murph got down to business instead of dilly-dallying like he usually does in the morning. (Why do dogs do that?!)
Sitting in the fridge this morning was a single, lonely pear that wanted to be eaten, so I incorporated it into a yummy breakfast: Pear French Toast!
This meal really didn’t take me that long to make– maybe 15 minutes all together? It could easily be a quick work week breakfast.
- 1 Sandwich Thin (any variety – fluffier the better!)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white (or splash of liquid whites)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Splash of vanilla soy milk
- Cinnamon to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Dip each Sandwich Thin into mixture, coating each side
- Melt a small spoonful of butter in fry pan
- Cook each side of Sandwich Thin until lightly browned
- Top with sliced pears and agave nectar (or maple syrup)
I topped my French toast with a good-size squirt of agave nectar. Delish! 😀
Gym time! Enjoy your day!